Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Time with Jett

This week I got to spend some fun time with Jett. I can't believe that I am old enough to have a kid in cub scouts but when he comes home telling me we have have to bake a cake for the blue and gold banquet cake auction then I guess I am officially a cub scout mom. He decided on a cake with a sports theme. I have never decorated a cake beyond using frosting amd m&m's so this was all new to me. I got some cake decorating tools and we made a basketball cake. I think it turned out pretty darn cool for my first time.
On Saturday Jett and I got up early to go hiking. There is a group that started going in our ward and I invited our neighbor and her son that is Jett's friend to come along. It was hard to get out of bed and pretty chilly but it was such a great way to start the morning.

The red rock are beautiful and less than a 10 minute drive from our house. I never have been a hiker or much of an outdoors girl but I think I could get used to this!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Good work with the cake!! It looks great.
When I come to visit we must go hiking! HOw awesome that it is so close to your house!

megadog said...

That cake is beautiful. It's amazing when you actually have something turn out that looks decent. Most of the time you wonder how you ever got promoted to Mom.

Levanger Family said...

Your cake turned out so awesome!! You're a natural! Parker is turning eight this year too...it IS crazy to have kids getting older...but lots of fun!